Preparation: 15 mins
Cooking: 30 mins
- 2 chicken marylands cut into chunky pieces with bones
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp red kreoung paste
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup coconut milk/cream
- 3 cups water
- 2 brown onions cut into quarters
- 4 snake beans cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 small aubergine cut lengthwise into 2 inch pieces
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 white potato
- In a large heated pot, add oil and kroeung paste. Stir for 1 min on medium temperature.
- Add chicken and half the coconut. Cook for 2 mins.
- Add potatoes, beans, aubergine and onion. Stir well.
- Add water, remaining coconut and season with fish sauce, shrimp paste, salt and sugar. Stir to combine and let it simmer for 20 mins on low temperature.
- Serve hot with rice vermicelli noodles or sliced french style baguette.