Preparation: 5 mins
Cooking: 20 mins
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut (optional)
- 5 lady finger bananas cut 1 cm thick and lengthwise
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 tsp black or white sesame seeds
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp raw sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 drop dark soy (this will help color the batter)
- 6 cups vegetable oil
- Preheat oil in a frying pot/wok.
- In a bowl, mix flour, butter, sugar, salt, coconut, sesame seeds and water.
- Coat banana slices in the flour mix and deep fry. Rotate until crispy and golden brown.
- Drain onto paper towel. Ready to eat!