Preparation: 40 mins
Cooking: 5 mins
- 1 kg tender beef cut with some fat sliced thinly
- 1 pack of bamboo skewers
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 3 tbsp of palm sugar
- 2 tbsp of oyster sauce
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 1 lemongrass stalk sliced thinly
- ¼ of galangal peeled and sliced thinly
- ½ kaffir lime zest
- 4 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 shallot sliced thinly
- ¼ tumeric sliced thinly
- In a mortar and pestle, add the lemongrass, galangal and kaffir lime zest and pound for 2 mins. Then add the tumeric, garlic and shallot. Continue pounding into a fine and smooth paste.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients with the paste ensuring all ingredients are well combined and evenly coated.
- Cover the bowl and leave to marinate for 30 mins.
- Pre-heat the barbecue or charcoal.
- Thread the marinated beef onto the bamboo skewers.
- Cook for approximately 5 mins turning regularly on each side ensuring it is cooked but not overcooked or well done.
- Serve hot with pickle vegetables and/or crusty bread.
- Use a food processor to blend and grind the paste ingredients as an alternative.