Preparation: 30 mins
Cooking: 15 mins
- ½ kg porterhouse beef cut into cubes
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp raw sugar
- 1 tsp black kampot pepper
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 eggs (optional)
- 1 small curly lettuce
- 1 tomato cut half and sliced thinly
- 1 small brown/red onion sliced thinly
- In a mixing bowl combine beef with garlic, oyster sauce, dark soy, fish sauce, sugar and pepper. Marinate for 30 mins.
- Set up a serving plate with the garnish by layering with lettuce first then tomato and onion to cover the plate.
- Heat up oil in wok or fry pan and add marinated beef. Cook on high temperature until meat is medium rare (or to preference).
- Remove and transfer beef onto the garnished plate.
- Heat remaining oil in fry pan and crack eggs. Cook until golden brown but yolks are not completely cooked.
- Place eggs on the top of beef.
- Serve hot with steamed rice and pepper lime dipping sauce.