Cambodians have shown their flair with their own version of the medieval time classic waffle. Unlike the traditional staple breakfast with syrup or butter to make it tasty, the Cambodian version doesn’t need condiments. The key difference lies by adding an exotic ingredient and grilling it up.
Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking: 15 mins
- 3 cups rice flour
- 1 cup palm or raw sugar
- 2 pinches salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup coconut cream or milk
- ½ cup of fresh or frozen grated coconut
- 4 tbsp of coconut oil
- Preheat waffle pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, eggs, coconut cream, grated coconut. Whisk to form a batter.
- Generously brush waffle pan with coconut oil.
- Using a laddle pour batter into waffle pan. Rotate and cook until golden brown and crisp.
Make more to keep in freezer and try heating up on a grill (with or without the charcoal). Bit like the street food market.