Preparation: 5 mins
- 2 tbsp fresh tamarind pulp
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp palm or raw sugar
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 bird’s eye chili sliced thinly
- 1 small fresh green mango peeled and shredded finely (optional)
- In a small bowl add water, tamarind, garlic, fish sauce, sugar and chili. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Cambodians love grilled/fried fish with a tamarind sauce and there is a popular variation which compliments it with the addition of mango mixed through the sauce.