Preparation: 15 mins
- 2 garlic cloves chopped or sliced finely
- ½ cup white vinegar
- 4 tbsp raw sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fish sauce (optional)
- 1 bird’s eye chili (optional)
- ½ white cabbage cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 carrots peeled and sliced thinly
- ½ cup fresh ginger root sliced thinly or julienne
- ½ green pappaya shredded finely
- 2 carrots peeled and shredded finely
- In a bowl, mix in together vinegar, sugar, fish sauce and salt. Stir until sugar dissolved.
- Add into the bowl the pickle variation (either chunky or shredded). Combine all ingredients well and set aside for 2 hours for best result.
- Refrigerate to keep the pickle crisp and fresh for up to 1 week
- This authentic pickle is a deliciously perfect condiment for barbecued/grilled meat with steamed rice. A very popular street food breakfast option in Cambodia.