Preparation: 1 hr
Cooking: 40 mins
- 1 cup green mung bean soaked(1hr), washed and drained.
- 1 cup palm sugar shaved or raw sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 3 ½ cups of water
- ½ cup coconut milk (optional)
- In a large pot, add water and bring to a boil.
- Add beans and salt. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 30 mins or until the beans are soft and break out.
- Add sugar gradually and adjust to your desired sweetness (not all sugar may be used).
- Add coconut milk (and water if too thick).
- Bring dessert to a boil and set aside to cool.
- Serve in individual bowls hot or at room temperature.
- Serve dry (without the sugar/coconut syrup) with shaved ice and 1 spoonful of coconut milk.