Preparation: 5 mins
Cooking: 15 mins
- 200 g pork mince
- 4 eggplants (aubergine aka brinjal) chargrilled (skin peeled off optional)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp corn starch
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 stalk spring onion chopped
- 1 handful of chopped fresh coriander
- 2 birds eye chili chopped (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix water with corn starch and set aside.
- In a hot pan, add oil, garlic and pork. Fry until meat is cooked.
- Add the grilled eggplants, corn starch mix and stir gently for 1 min to combine with pork.
- Season with fish sauce, soya sauce, salt, sugar and black pepper. Stir gently and cook for 2 mins.
- Add the spring onion and coriander before serving.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.