Preparation: 10 mins
Cooking: 30 mins
- ½ kg pork belly with skin on chopped by hand or minced
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp prahok paste
- 2 garlic cloves chopped finely
- 2 stalks green onion sliced finely
- 1 tbsp raw sugar or palm sugar
- 2 birds eye chili whole or sliced thinly (optional)
- 1 lime cut into quarters
- ¼ white cabbage cut into bite size
- 1 cucumber sliced diagonally into chunky bits
- 5 long or snake beans sliced into 10cm pieces
- 5 winged beans
- In a heatproof bowl, mix the pork with prahok, sugar, garlic, green onion, eggs and mix well.
- Top the mixture with chili.
- Place the bowl in a steamer and steam for 30 mins or until the meat is tender.
- Place the vegetable complements on a serving plate to dip with the steamed prahok.
- Squeeze lime and mix before serving.
- Serve hot with rice
- Refrigerate left over for up to 2 days.