Preparation: 5 mins
Cooking: 15 mins
- 1 kg chicken thighs cut into bite size
- 1 cup fresh ginger cut into matchsticks
- 1 large brown onion cut into thin wedges
- 2 stalks green onion cut into 1 inches (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves chopped finely
- ½ tsp ground black or Kampot pepper
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp raw sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- In a hot pan or wok add oil, garlic and ginger. Fry until golden brown for 2 mins. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the chicken and cook for 5 mins.
- Season with fish sauce, sugar, salt and pour water. Simmer until the chicken is tender and the water is evaporated to a dry consistency.
- To the pan add the garlic, ginger, pepper and onion. Stir to combine all ingredients on low heat for 1 min.
- Serve with steamed rice.
- Substitute the chicken with pork ribs, beef or liver.