Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 4 white fish fillets cut bite-sized pieces (barramundi, murray cod or similar)
- 2 handful of long standing spinach with stems removed
- 4 tbsp of red curry paste
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 1 cup of coconut cream
- 4 large kaffir lime leaves sliced thinly
- In a mixing bowl combine well using a spoon, salt, sugar, fish sauce, shrimp paste and red curry paste
- Add fish, eggs, coconut cream and stir until the fish is well covered.
- In few large ramekin dishes line the spinach at the bottom and add fish mixture.
- Place ramekins in a shallow pan or bamboo steamer filled with water and cook for 20 mins with a lid on or until the fish is cooked through.
- Garnish with kaffir lime leaves
- Serve with steamed rice
- Traditionally steamed in (and served in) a banana leaf parcel
- Substitute fish with chicken or silken tofu