Preparation time: 15 mins
- 2 tsp raw sugar
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- ¼ cup water
- 1 clove of garlic minced finely
- ½ cup of roasted peanuts crushed finely
- 2 tsp chilli paste or 1 chopped red chilli (optional)
- Combine sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, water, garlic, and chilli in a mixing bowl and stir until sugar is dissolved. Taste and adjust the sweet and sour balance.
- Add roasted crushed peanuts when serving.
- Store in a jar for up to 2 weeks in the fridge.
- A modern technique adapted this recipe to use white vinegar (instead of lime juice) for making this sauce in bulk and keeping it refrigerated for several months.
This Tuk Trey sauce is a perfect match with these dishes/recipes