Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- ½ cup plain flour
- 2 cups rice flour
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 500g raw shrimp cut half or leave whole
- 500g minced pork
- 500g bean sprouts
- 1 brown onion sliced thinly
- 3 spring onions cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup dry roasted shredded coconut
- 1 cup cooking oil (vegetable or canola)
- 1 head butter or green leaf lettuce
- 2-3 variety fresh herbs: Vietnamese mint, spearmint, fish mint, perilla leaves
- 1-2 cucumber thinly sliced
- Mix the pancake batter in a large mixing bowl by whisking together the flour, turmeric, coconut milk, water, until well combined. Allow the batter to rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat up 2 teaspoons of oil in a wok over high heat and stir-fry pork for 3 minutes. Add shrimps and cook until opaque. Add brown onion and coconut to the mixture. Transfer to a platter and set aside.
- Arrange the complement ingredients in separate pile on a serving platter and set aside.
- Fry up pancake in 1 teaspoon of oil heated in pan over medium high heat. While tilting the pan add ¼ cup of the batter, swirling the pan at the same time to evenly distribute the batter. Allow the pancake to start bubbling gently in the center and loosen itself at the edges for 2 minutes.
- Place a handful of bean sprouts, pinch of spring onions and 2-3 table spoons of pork and prawn mixture on the lower half of the pancake.
- Reduce heat to low and cover the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the pancake is golden brown and turns crispy.
- Fold the pancake in half and slide onto a platter.
- Continue making pancakes as you serve them. Serve with complements and dipping sauce on the side.
- Serve with spring rolls for added crunch.